Serbian Society for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (BIRBI) is an association in the field of bioinformatics, computational biology and related scientific fields, founded on April 25, 2018 and registered with the Business Registers Agency of the Republic of Serbia on May 16, 2018.
The main goals and tasks of the BIRBI association are aimed at the comprehensive development of bioinformatics, computational biology and other related scientific fields in Serbia, and in particular:
- connecting and improving the cooperation of scientists working in various fields of natural, technical and medical sciences, and dealing with bioinformatics, computational biology and related research;
- encouraging and coordinating fundamental and applied research;
- promotion of the development and application of computer methods in biology and medicine;
- exchange of knowledge and information;
- connecting with related associations in the country and the world;
- organization of scientific and professional gatherings;
- organization of seminars and thematic lectures;
- popularization of bioinformatics, computational biology and related fields;
- awarding prizes and recognitions to those who have contributed to the advancement of the goals of this association;
- initiating and giving opinions for the advancement of fundamental and applied research in bioinformatics, computational biology and related fields;
- publishing appropriate scientific literature;
- and other similar activities determined by the bodies of this association.